Visa Requirements for Studying in USA

One of the most appealing aspects of the United States' higher education system is the diversified and numerous institution types it encompasses. Therefore, the diversity enables the students to specialise in a variety of academic disciplines and gain the possibility of career growth.

At PFEC Global, we relish the opportunity to provide exceptional guidance through our vastly experienced counsellors. Thus, we enhance to provide all of the information you require to pursue higher education in the United States as an international student.

The types of USA Student Visas

There are three types of student visas in the United States of America (USA): F, J, and M.

A. F-1 student visa:

To study at a USA-accredited university or college.


B. J-1 exchange visa:

To take part in an exchange program offered by high schools and universities.


C. M-1 student visa:

To take part in training programs, vocational studies, and non-academic programs in the USA.

Before applying for any of the above visas, you must first apply to and be accepted by a higher education institution in the United States that is accredited by the Student Exchange and Visitor Program (SEVP). Therefore, we assist you to find the list of all accredited US institutions at the US Department of Education and guide you to choose according to your preference. You will receive an I-20 form from the international student office of the SEVP-certified institution after being accepted. The form consists of all of your information, thus, it will be saved in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).

Eligibility requirements and necessary documents for Visa Application

Our guidance at PFEC Global ensures that you prepare the following documents, which are required to apply for the visa and ensure your success.

  • A valid for six months after your initial period of stay in the USA
  • Acceptance in a SEVP certified institute and form I-20
  • Payment for SEVIS
  • An application for a non-immigrant visa and form DS-160
  • Your photographs in specific formats and contact number
  • Academic certificates, such as degrees, diplomas, or transcripts
  • Evidence to show you have enough funds to bear living expenses, such as bank statements, scholarship program, and a statement of your sponsor’s financial undertaking if any.

Finally, you may be required to attend a formal interview at the US embassy.

Achieve greatness beyond borders

Ready to transcend your potential?