A relatively small country but when it comes to offering world class education, Australia has always topped the list!
Known for its best in class universities, Australia is considered a world leader in the field of higher education.
With its cosmopolitan culture, high standard of living and friendly people, Australia becomes one one of the most
sought-after higher study destinations among several overseas students. With a surge in global demand for
entrepreneurial and innovative thinkers, Australian education system has redesigned its approach to inspire thought
leadership and creativity among students in every discipline. In addition to this, Australian universities have
consistently ranked among the world’s top 100 universities year after year. Besides, Australia also has an
impressively outstanding education system. With over 22,000 courses across 1000 education institutions, the
Australian system is ranked 8th in the Universitas 2019 U21 Ranking of National Higher Education System. It is much
higher than the countries Germany, France, Norway, and Japan.
How to Enroll in Australian Universities? – Here’s a Glance!
If you have been dreaming of studying in one of the top universities, here’s a here’s a quick look at the eligibility
criteria and requirements: The eligibility criteria and admission procedure for overseas students, generally, vary
from one higher education or VET provider to another. You can check out about your preferred educational institute’s
eligibility requirements and details about admission procedure from their respective websites. This will provide you
useful insights into the general guideline and check whether you are eligible for a VET or a higher education
qualification. Apart from this, you need to have proper and valid documents to ensure you don’t land up trouble with
the university regulatory bodies or government authorities. Though, the list of documents vary from university to
university, some of the universally required documents are:
- An up-to-date passport
- An English language proficiency qualification(it’s applicable to countries where English isn’t the national
- Proof of how you will fund your studies.
Eligibility for Australian University
- Nearly all Australian universities accept the 3-year graduation system for enrolment into postgraduate courses.
For example, Bangladeshi bachelor’s degrees like B.A., B.Com. or B.Sc. is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor
- However, to enroll for certain courses and universities, you may require a qualification equivalent that’s
equivalent Australian Bachelor (Honours) Degree, which requires an honors’ graduation degree like B.A. (H), B. Com
(H), B.E., B. Tech and other such courses.
- For most Universities, a good first degree from any leading university in Bangladesh or its equivalent is
The academic requirements (including the proof of English language proficiency) varies depending on the type and
level of course you want to study. Every institution can have different entry criteria, so it’s important to
carefully read the course information available on the website. Here is some general guidance on entry requirements
for different levels of study:
- English language courses: Entry criteria vary between institutions, and based on the level of English proficiency
required for the course.
- Schools: Entry requirements differ between schools and largely depend on the state or territory. Moreover, past
academic performance and abilities are considered during the application process.
- Vocational education and training (VET): In majority of cases, there are no entrance examinations for VET
institutions. But, certain courses may require you to study specific subjects or completed work experience.
- Higher education undergraduate courses: You require Australian Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (Year 12)
or the overseas equivalent.
- Higher education postgraduate course: You require least one degree at undergraduate level. Moreover, the
institution may also take into consideration your research ability, along with relevant work experience.
Your student visa criteria depends on the type of course that you enroll into. Here are some general requirements
that you need to keep in mind:
- An electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate is a must.
- Satisfy Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
- Sufficient and valid evidence to support your funding for airfares, course fees and living costs.
- Proof of English language proficiency.
- Fulfill the health and character criteria as set by the authorities.
- Provide evidence of Overseas Student Health Cover
If you are looking for more information about various courses in Australian universities, contact PFEC Global today.
Please reach out to us at 01730785457
or 096 09 800 300
for more details.